About the Bank of TescottThe Bank of Tescott was organized as a corporation on March 18, 1887. One of the signers of the Certificate of Incorporation was T. E. Scott, who is known as the founder of Tescott. The first semi-annual statement of the bank showed total assets of $16,049.
Since this time, the bank has built its reputation and growth on personal service, community promotion, and a competitive array of loan and deposit products. In order to better serve the area, the following Kansas institutions were purchased and merged into The Bank of Tescott:
1924 Glendale State Bank (Glendale)
1932 Farmers State Bank (Tescott)
1990 First Federal Savings & Loan (Salina)
1995 Saline Valley Bank (Lincoln) including its branch in Barnard
2001 Commercial Federal Bank branch office (Salina)
2011 Expanded into Lindsborg with a full-service branch
Assets and capital have grown over the years as reflected below:
Most of the bank’s growth in recent years can be attributed to residential lending within our trade territory. The Bank of Tescott is also highly active in meeting the consumer, commercial, and agricultural credit needs of our trade territory including Ottawa, Lincoln, Mcpherson and Saline counties. Our willingness to extend credit is reflected by our Outstanding Rating in our most recent Community Reinvestment Act Examination.
Call or stop by one of our branches today to see why so many people have helped The Bank of Tescott grow to be one of the strongest banks in Kansas.